The church is approached through a very neat and orderly graveyard, belying its 13th century origins, although there has in fact been a church on the site since AD970. The present building is 13th century, though much restored in 1847. It consists simply of a nave and chancel (the porch is Victorian). The nave has single lancets of the Early English type, with a pair forming the east window, with a quatrefoil over. This forms a most attractive ensemble, considerably enhanced by being filled with attractive Arts & Crafts stained glass depicting sheafs of wheat, with a tree of life painted in the surround. It is the work of Charles Spooner (1862-1938) and is quite wonderful.
On the east wall of the nave is a tombstone, formerly in the churchyard, surmounted by a scene of Father Time recalling a scholar from his deathbed. The hour-glass and bookshelves are delightfully picked out, although slightly weathered.
The church has regular services as part of the Meon Bridge benefice, along with Droxford, Meonstoke and Corhampton.
St Peter & St Paul, Church Lane, Exton, Hampshire, SO32 3NU